7 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our high performance Engineering Consultancy client are currently seeking a Senior HV Electrical Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are seeking applicants who have HV battery system experience from HV (>400VDC ideally at 800VDC) electrical design through to commissioning and testing HV battery systems on rigs and / or vehicles. We will also need practical experience with “Live working”. and the ability to fault find in HV systems is highly desirable. The hands, on practical experience is key and the design experience is a nice to have, but this could be developed if you have the other skills.
A great opportunity to work for a business who work on some really exciting and varied projects.
• HV electrical design of one or more areas (battery, inverter, motor, DCDC converters) system and development on and off vehicles (motorsport or automotive).
• Selection of electrical components in battery systems such as fuses, contactors, pre-charge components and active discharge components.
• Liaise closely with the mechanical engineering team to ensure the design is optimised between mechanical and electrical requirements and meets the specification and safety standards.
• To carry out calculations as required to ensure safe, reliable operation while meeting the specified design performance criteria.
• Resolution of design & functionality issues liaising with external clients & internal colleagues
• Consider issues of Design for Manufacturability, Measurability & Test at low volume liaising with mechanical design.
• Lead and manage small powertrain projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Ensure engineering activities are captured and scheduled in line with project timescales and costs.
• To develop electronics and software for the BMS (and potentially supporting rigs) including detailed design analysis, simulations, documentation, FMEAs, etc.
• To work within the BMS team to ensure that the final product meets UN R100 and / or FIA EV regs
• To fault find and debug complex electric systems.
• Degree Level of relevant engineering (electrical / electronics, etc)
• >5 years proven experience as a HV Electrical Design engineer in automotive or motorsport applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1, or consultancy.
• Experience with Battery testing
• Experience of managing small projects (Automotive)
• Analogue electronics design experience
• Microcontroller design experience
• Experience on working up to 850V DC systems
• Ability to understand and support a battery design.
• Ability to validate design through calculation and testing
• Ability to design and develop hardware and software for the BMS, PDU and CMM
• Ability to design and develop battery charge and discharge systems.