Resident Quality Engineer
£Neg + benefits
This is a challenging and exciting time, and this business is rising to the challenge, with Quality a critical driver of our ability to deliver for their customers and to be a partner of choice. In this position, you will be resident on our customer site in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, acting as the first point of contact for manufacturing quality.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provide on-site customer quality leadership - implementing strategies, resolving issues and driving continuous process improvements to deliver quality objectives and maintain world class quality levels.
- Conduct initial problem analysis and potential root cause analysis on customer quality related issues and where appropriate, provide accurate and timely information to manufacturing plants for at source containment and root cause analysis.
- Understand customer business and apply local production procedures and processes.
- Assist in planning / supporting engineering build phases and/or new product start-up activities and ensuring continual product supply is maintained.
- Track customer quality and maintain communication and alignment between the internal teams - Engineering, Customer Support Engineers and Manufacturing facilities, to deliver customer quality.
You will be process driven, with a qualification in Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience. You will have strong experience working in automotive OEM manufacturing where you have applied quality principles, concepts, theory, and practice (e.g. 6 Sigma, Lean, problem solving tools, FMEA, APQP). You will have practical experience applying statistical methods, including statistical process control and sampling techniques. You will be aware of the IATF-16949 standard and the requirements for compliance. Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels is vital in this role, as is the ability to manage and deliver projects.