Quality Systems Engineer
£28,000 - £32,000
18 months Fixed Term Contract (paying above annual salary + bens)
Our high-tech R&D and Manufacturing client in Southampton are seeking a Quality Systems Engineer on an 18-month fixed term contract to support whilst others help with an internal project. They are particularly seeking experience with auditing against ISO9001 and other Quality Management System standards, as this person will lead this aspect and so is an important part to the role. As well as this, they are seeking someone with good data collection, analysis and presentation skills for internal and supplier quality purposes.
To provide support to the Quality function with respect to quality management system auditing against ISO 9001 and internal procedures and the performance monitoring of non-conformities and closure management. Maintenance of the document control and change management system. Support performance management of businesses supply base through trending of non-conformities and associated supplier performance.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Quality Audits
• Carry out internal quality management system (QMS) audits in accordance with ISO9001:2015
• Follow-up with closing meetings with auditees and ensure responsibilities assigned for all non-conformities (NCs) identified
• Analysis of auditing performance and trends, including Pareto of NCs and time to closure reporting to the Head of Quality
2. Change Management
• Change Analyst - ensuring business changes are appropriately administered through the correct workflows
• Document Control Management – ensuring that document changes are appropriately managed and controlled through the change management system and workflow
3. Supplier Quality:
• Provide support to the supplier quality team with respect to transaction of rejected / non-conforming goods to change status of such on the system.
• Supplier quality analysis and trending of non-conforming items and overall supplier performance
• Experienced auditor against ISO9001:2015 preferably to Lead Auditor standard
• Business Studies qualification or Diploma advantageous, but not required
• Able to coordinate and influence team members across a broad range of disciplines and functions without direct reporting line responsibility
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, with the ability to discuss complex, commercial issues with staff at all levels
• Self resilient- able to adapt and be flexible in a change oriented, fast-paced environment
• Remains calm and composed under pressure
• Self starter with high levels of drive, perseverance and self-motivation
• Able to foster a respectful, fair and consistent environment through their expertise, leading by example
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.