Our Automotive OEM client are seeking a Project Engineer, Materials to join their team on a permanent basis. As a Project Engineer in the Materials Group, you will be focusing on metals, surface treatment and
chemical materials. You will carry out research projects to establish European standards and new technologies which are superior to competitors, exceeding regional and global customers’ expectations.
• A member of the Materials Group focusing on metals, surface treatment and chemical (adhesives and sealants) activity.
• Carry out research through attending and reporting conferences, supplier investigations and benchmarking to support European and Global strategy setting.
• Use your knowledge to propose and proceed research projects based on the set strategy.
• Progress local material approvals and make your own proposals to improve regional competitiveness, working closely with factory procurement.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• You will ideally have a University degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or equivalent.
• Desirable to have some relevant work experience in materials research or manufacturing processes for the automotive industry.
• A general knowledge of automotive materials.
• Knowledge of automotive paint systems and processes is desirable.
• You will be proactive and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation to deliver results.
• You will have a good ability in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
• You will be organised and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• You will ideally have material testing experience with the ability to evaluate test results in order to make judgements and recommendations.