Lead CMF Designer
Circa 50 - 60k plus bonus
Our world class innovative R&D client based in Wiltshire is looking for a Lead CMF Designer with a strong creative background within CMF / Colour and Trim. This is a full time in the office role to interact and bounce of the rest of the team in person, joining at a time of growth within the business and particularly the CMF department.
About the role
We are looking for a creative and curious Lead CMF Designer to join our CMF Design team. You will be involved in every aspect of the CMF design journey and be responsible for the development of CMF concepts to enable the delivery of final design of colours, materials and finishes for the companies products in relation to the overall Design and company strategy.
You will work closely within a newly established and growing CMF Design team, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with the company’s reputation.
• Own the CMF Design of our products through various stages of development, and into production
• Be a source of extensive knowledge of diverse material technology and manufacturing processes
• Have broad experience of both soft and hard material developments
• Manage internal communications with global RDD, Commercial, Quality, Engineering and programme functions for project success
• Work collaboratively with the wider Design and Product Experience Team
to promote world-leading design
• Communication of CMF Design using visuals and models
• Responsible for generating CMF Design Specifications, project and material development timing plans, mastering of material samples
• Have vision for the CMF Design discipline and lead activities to enable its growth
• Present CMF Design at executive level and represent CMF Design in SEA Design Reviews
• Support Senior Design Manager in growing the CMF team in SEA
• Manage workflows relating to material development and mastering for production
• Communicate regional design insights to wider D&PE and CMF team
• Work closely with production suppliers to develop feasible materials within cost and time constraints
• Establish network for CMF Design within the NPD RDD function
• Generate processes for seamless CMF Development in collaboration with engineering, quality and procurement internal functions
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with external suppliers.
• A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent
• 10+ years professional CMF experience including 2+ years Design Management experience
• Highly motivated and collaborative - taking ownership of projects and at the same time, being objective and responsive to feedback
• Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually
• Ability to assess project risks impacting CMF Design and recommend mitigations
• Possess a good understanding of various production processes & engineering processes - how they influence design and fabrication
• Superior colour vision and eye for detail
• Ability to travel if required
• Software Tools - Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.