Our Automotive client are seeking x2 Workshop Technicians on an initial 6 month contract. The key duties are to prepare, maintain and service all fleet vehicles, and ensure that all necessary records are complete, conducts TPM and daily checks in a timely manner and works in accordance with H&S legislation.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
• Repair vehicles to required specification (Quality Handbook).
• Diagnose all types of faults and be able to rectify. Report to relevant department manager and support in feeding quality concerns back into the system.
• Be able to train others to required standards needed to perform rework on vehicles.
• Attend all meetings relevant to rework requirements to help resolve company quality concerns and recommend times and best rework practices.
• Keep working area clean and ensure all vehicles, equipment and special tools are used in the correct manner.
• Carry out work for relevant departments & pre-delivery servicing/repairs on used cars as and when required.
• Attend all training courses required to carry out the job role and continue development.
• Filling out repair sheets / job cards detailing the work performed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Must have extensive workshop experience in mechanical fitting and/or paintwork
• Should have comprehensive vehicle knowledge
• Should possess good communication skills
• Clearly interpret and action customers requirements
• Should be process driven and fully responsible for quality
• Have a good organisational approach and understand all activities within the area
• Should be able to work on their own initiative
• Understanding of appropriate Health and Safety requirements
• Computer literate