Workshop Manager / Prototype Build
Location: Northern Warwickshire, Nuneaton
Permanent: £60 - £75,000 + Car Scheme + pension + cash plan + private medical
Reporting to the Vehicle Engineering Director you will lead a workforce of technicians through all stages of a vehicle program. Including benchmarking, prototype build, fleet management and development programs
You will manage the workshop facility including commissioning and maintenance of workshop equipment and calibration of equipment.
- This will include managing budgets and managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Leading Health and Safety within a Workshop and Prototype Build environment and ensuring safe working practices are engrained with in the culture will be a key focus.
- Strong communication and excellent leadership skills through all areas and levels of the business will be important, as well as coaching and mentoring team members.
- During the day to day running of the workshop you will also manage, document and control the inputs and outputs to the workshop from different groups.
You will preferably have at least 10 years industry experience preferably in the automotive or similar high technology industry leading a team in a fast paced engineering business.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in management or engineering would be an advantage.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a track record of leading teams in a workshop or prototype build environment and experience of mechanical and/or electrical assemblies.
- Experience with HV electrical systems and prototype vehicles is preferred as well as understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (CAN, LIN and Ethernet).
- Previous experience/understanding of vehicle diagnostic toolsets, data logging systems and Electrical lab equipment and vehicle harness diagrams and system schematics is also beneficial.
- Prototype build or low volume manufacturing experience would also be beneficial
- You will have excellent organizational and planning skills with a good understanding of computer systems such as Excel, Word etc. and have full clean UK driver’s license
- Knowledge of processes and technologies used in a prototype automotive development workshop and the ability to create new processes if they are needed would be advantageous
CV’s to email@example.com