Type Approval Witnessing
Do you want to join one of the UKs fastest growing Type Approval Technical Services? With customers on every continent, this role is to fill our UK based Type Approval witnessing team”
My client is one of the world’s leaders in the test, development and Type Approval of automotive products for the Global automotive industry.
We are seeking a UK based Type Approval Witnessing Engineer to join our expanding UK Type Approval team who will take responsibility for the witnessing of a variety of European Type Approval subjects to meet our customers growing needs.
In this role, you will manage a wide variety of Type Approval witnessing projects, which will include being involved in the initial discussions with clients on the ‘worst case’, through to the witnessing of tests and the reporting of the test subjects and then involvement in the management of the ongoing approval process to obtain the final Type Approval certificates for our customers.
We have a variety of UK customers, the position can be fulfilled remotely but would ideally be based in (or around) our current UK customer facilities in the Midlands area.
This role will need some flexibility in terms of ability to travel, but the role is envisaged to be fulfilled primarily within the UK and at OEM and third party supplier test facilities.
Responsibilities and duties
Reporting to the UK General Manager and the Homologation departments, you will be involved in a wide variety of Type Approval projects which will include the ongoing promotion of homologation services within the UK automotive OEM fraternity.
You will be responsible for:
• Working closely with our customers to mutually arrange test timings and to plan witness “missions”
• Working with colleagues to ensure that each Type Approval “mission” is clearly defined in line with the customers’ requirements and the applicable legislative framework requirements
• Witnessing of official Type Approval tests at manufacturer's (or third party test houses) facilities within the UK and further afield
• Preparing the relevant Type Approval test reports and post-test documentation and the liaison with company homologation engineers (and our customers) to ensure all documentation created is suitable for submission to the Type Approval Authorities
• Managing the delivery of the official Type Approval certificates granted by the Approval Authorities to the customer in a time-defined manner
• Ensuring total accuracy of documentation and the quality of test reports at all times
The ideal candidate will be:
• Knowledgeable in European Type Approval legislation, including environmental, technical and safety requirements (Full Training for each subject will be given by client)
• Able to plan and co-ordinate test preparation to those legislative procedures
• Able to have the confidence to analyse the gathered data and provide customers with an initial indication of compliance. This will include the understanding and interpretation of the results and judgement on whether compliance has been achieved
• From a background where they have worked either for an OEM vehicle manufacturer (cars, motorbikes, trucks etc.) in the past, or worked in the automotive service provision sector
• One who has a good understanding of the whole vehicle and the latest innovations and vehicle technologies as well as trends within the global automotive testing industry
• Open to travel both within the UK and overseas
• Able to work well in an international and multidisciplinary team
• A self-motivated individual who can take responsibility for their own workload and liaise effectively with other team members to ensure the customer is always put first
What will I need to apply?
• (Ideally) A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines or experience will be considered)
• (Ideally) 3 – 5 years related work experience in homologation, Type Approval or automotive testing activities or a willingness to start a career in this field
• An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to facilitate discussions with new and existing customers
• Ability to work remotely on your own initiative or as part of a wider team
• Impeccable time management skills and an ability to work to tight (customer derived) deadlines
• Have a “right first time” attitude and a commitment to speed of service delivery
• A customer orientated mind-set
• Fluency in English (although a second language is desirable but not essential)