Our F1 client are seeking a Design Engineer to work within a new High Performance Battery facility. You will be responsible for the design of specialised tooling and fixtures for the assembly and build of specialised high voltage battery packs, conceptual and detail design of metallic and composite parts required, experimental parts, rig testing and integration of some proprietary electronic/electrical hardware into assemblies and rigs.
• Detail design of metallic and composite parts and assemblies
• Liaising with other technical groups and suppliers
• Specification / design of test equipment required
• Organisation and overseeing of tooling testing and evaluation
• Making recommendations for improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience desirable.
• Previous experience in an automotive environment an advantage.
• Metallic component and plastic moulding design experience required.
• Experience of the fundamentals of mechanical design including best practices for machining,
• fixings, sealed junctions, fabrication and surface treatments.
• Experience in modelling and manufacturability analysis.
• Experience in manufacturing and assembly process development and validation.
• Ability to create designs from schemes through to completed part drawings.
• Familiar with CAD packages, previous experience of Catia V5 preferable.
• Previous ESS or high powered electrical system design experience would be beneficial.
• Expertise in GD&T and international standards BS, EN, ISO, ANSI, JIS.
• Excellent document presentational skills.
• An adept communicator, able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential
• Ability to travel within the UK and overseas
• Full driving license and competence to drive in the UK
• PC literate