Test Engineer - Development & Validation
|Job Title:||Test Engineer - Development & Validation|
|Contact Name:||Nick Gerrell|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 12:10|
Test Engineer – Development and Validation
Joost Engines Ltd. has developed a novel super-lightweight engine with the power-density and simplicity of a 2-stroke, combined with the emissions, efficiency and reliability characteristics of a modern 4-stroke. Based upon its engine Joost plans to launch a power-series of portable marine outboards, which promise to be 1/3 the weight of the market incumbents. Following this the company will look to target other applications such as portable generators, UAVs and small motorcycles.
To take a leading role in the development and validation testing of Joost’s pre-production prototypes and subsequent launch production engines. Key tasks and responsibilities include:
• Test rig design and build, including sourcing and procurement of parts and equipment.
• Definition (design of experiments), planning and execution of prototype/product validation
• Test-rig and in-field testing
• Problem root-cause identification and resolution
• Communication and reporting of test outcomes, critically influencing tactical and strategic decision making
For the right candidate this role could present opportunities for advancement as the company grows.
Skills, Attributes, Experience & Qualifications
• Qualified in relevant technical field to minimum HNC or equivalent level
• Internal combustion engine development and validation testing experience (preferably leading)
• Experienced in engine test rig design and build
• Highly proficient in the design, set-up and use of data acquisition hardware/software
• Practical, hands-on, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to use basic machine tools preferable but not essential
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's