Test and Validation Engineer / Senior Engineer
Great opportunities for Test and Validation roles at Senior Engineer and Engineer level have arisen within the Electrical Electronic Systems Team at the UK’s largest motorcycle manufacturer and a global leading heritage brand. Reporting to the Team Leader – Test and Validation, the successful candidate will be responsible for the full test and validation of electrical and embedded electronic components.
As a Senior Engineer / Engineer you will have responsibility for the test and validation of third-party components, internally developed model-based control software and system testing to meet our ambitious New Technology Roadmap and New Model Introduction Program. You will work closely with other teams in the Company to ensure all requirements are met. You will have a sound understanding of developing complete test specifications and test cases from systems / component requirements specifications. You will work on a number of products (Suspension control, Chassis control, Lighting, Instruments, Connectivity, Keyless systems, ARAS systems etc) and ensure any deviations from specification are accurately investigated / reported. At Senior Engineer level you will develop our more junior engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review of Systems Requirements for testability.
• Create test specifications and test cases for motorcycle electrical components and systems (E.g. Suspension control, Chassis control, Lighting, Instruments, Connectivity, Keyless systems, ARAS systems etc).
• Map systems requirements to test artefacts within the PREEVision MBSE toolchain.
• Create test plans for control systems and instruments (HMI).
• Create and modify CANOE environments, and automated test scripts in VTestStudio.
• Execute automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
• Execute manual system level tests (E.g. Bluetooth connectivity systems testing).
• Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
• Raise bugs in defect resolution software (JIRA / Redmine).
• Work with suppliers to feedback on issues found during testing.
• Analysis of HIL test data and reports.
• Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practices, efficiency improvements and test structures etc.
• To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
• Any other duties as required by your Manager.
All Test and Validation Engineers will be expected to deliver a subset of the below, however Senior Engineers will be required to demonstrate all at a high level.
• Design and commission HIL test environments.
• Review of test cases and test specifications.
• Define, Improve, and ensure adherence to test engineering best practice with regards to test techniques and process.
• Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals.
• Maintain T&V timing plan and support component workbook meetings.
• Present status to component / project meetings and report on all actions.
• Introduce and advocate test engineering best practice to Junior Engineers.
To succeed in this role, you will have an Electrical / Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent and proven relevant experience. Ideally you will be knowledgeable in validation for safety critical applications, MIL,SIL and HIL rigs and have previous experience of working within a dynamic automotive, manufacturing or industrial environment.
A variety of competitive benefits, including an enhanced holiday scheme, employee benefits platform and a favourable life assurance scheme. Motorcycle, clothing and accessories are available to purchase at a heavily discounted rate. An iconic place to work; join us for the ride!
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review and consideration.