Technical Surfacing Manager
Permanent or Contract
Gerrell & Hard are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Technical Surfacing Manager to join our Creative Design, Development and Engineering client based in Surrey.
Reporting to our Creative Design Director, your primary responsibility will be to undertake the managing, creation and release of production-feasible, aesthetically optimised surfaces to support project delivery.
Ensuring the surfacing team create accurate Alias surfaces from initial 3d scans from scale clay models through to tangency controlled surfaces.
The candidate is expected to liaise with the creative design team to ensure the surfacing adheres to the engineering package and meet the requirements for timing and performance.
- Manage Daily allocation of tasks & resource
- Report to surface development
- Assess surfaces for compliance with Technical tolerances
- Interface with studio engineering and design in the prioritisation of Class A activities
- Ensure compliance with open engineering requests
- Ensure compliance with timing commitments
Experience and Qualifications:
Class A Surfacing experienced of managing the creation and release of production feasible, aesthetically-optimised surfaces to support project delivery.
Produce 3D surface data to the GMD design process (from the initial concept sketch phase thru to the Production Release Class A Technical surfacing) based on design direction.
All 3D data produced must be produced to an expectable standard within the scope of the project timing assumptions.
- Effective construction and organisation of alias surface digital models to defined gateway tolerances
- Prepare and carry out virtual presentations of surface model data to support meetings and reviews, as required
- 5+ years professional experience in an automotive design studio
- Alias experience within the automotive industry
- Coordinate the integration of technical, engineering and design input within a surface
- Efficient storage of and recording of model history using the agreed naming protocols, locations and databases in line with relevant security protocol and policies.
In addition we would expect you to have experience in the following areas:
Data will be outputted to:
- Modelling/ milling group - to machine design models and provide clay modellers with data
- Visualisation specialists - for design review
- Studio engineering - As Concept development surfaces or final production " A" class surfaces.
In terms of the way you go about your work you should be a self-motivated individual capable of working under your own initiative as well as meeting tight deadlines as part of a team.