22 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Due to significant and rapid growth, our Nanotechnology client are looking to recruit a Technical Procurement Manager to strengthen their busy Procurement & Supply Chain team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain and Procurement, you will be accountable for the procurement, delivery, and performance management of suppliers across a range of manufactured mechanical & electrical components.
This role is project orientated and therefore requires the individual to be competent at both the tactical and strategic level, familiar with the Procurement 5 R’s you will be driven to always achieve the best possible results.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, who can prioritise effectively in a fast-moving environment. You will be entirely comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in. You will be a confident communicator and negotiator with the ability to build strong and positive relationships with our suppliers and internal customers whilst ensuring we deliver on time in full.
• Be responsible for the end to end purchasing process for all Production/ Technical/Engineering requirements.
• Lead, grow and develop the purchasing team to be best in class.
• Impart technical/commercial knowledge to the business developing awareness, and implementation of Supply Chain processes.
• Balance both tactical and strategic initiatives to ensure our ambitious targets are achieved.
• Ensure continuous supply of goods, communicate any supply issues which may pose a risk or impact business projects.
• Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and development and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
• Negotiate framework contracts, improved prices, and terms of business with suppliers.
• Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
• Create and manage a rationalised supplier capability matrix.
Skills & Experience;
• Significant experience in an Engineering purchasing role with demonstrable delivery of strategic initiatives.
• Ability to read and interpret technical/ engineering drawings.
• Competent user of ERP systems & able to follow BOM structures SAP/ Solid works.
• Analytical, numerically astute with good problem identification and solution abilities.
• Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
• Commercially and financially aware with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• A good foundation of skills and knowledge of relevant Supply Chain, purchasing and sourcing concepts.
• Strong proven experience of building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
• Proven negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
• Experience from within a faced paced industrial engineering environment such as prototyping, NPD/ NPI, F1 or similar.
• Experience in the procurement of fabrication, machined parts and electrical components and machine builds.