Our Nanotechnology client P2i are seeking a Technical Engagement Manager to join their team on a permanent basis in Oxford.
The role exists to manage and execute the advanced strategies for existing and new customers, utilising technical expertise and detailed knowledge of their Nano-coating technologies to support the Sales process. Acting as a bridge between Technology and Commercial departments, the Technical Engagement Manager spearheads cross functional taskforces to convert new opportunities into business.
• Undertake customer projects to evaluate and deploy P2i’s technology.
• Attend client meetings to support Sales process with technical expertise and know-how, and support deployment of P2i technology at customer site. Regular travel to customer sites may be required.
• Undertake specialist projects as agreed with the Line Manager to support the business requirements of the organisation.
• Preparation of technical reports, briefing notes, and presentations for internal and external use.
• Manage the storage of technical information and reports for easy access and fast retrieval.
• Working with Project Managers to ensure customer projects progress according to plans and within defined strategy, informing P2i Management if problems arise.
• Participate and lead team discussions.
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Technical or Business Management subject
Masters’ degree (or higher) in Technical or Business Management subject.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in a technical role, or similar environment.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in technical delivery or technical sales.
• Experience of directly working with customers.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite (good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to all business levels.
• Comfortable working in an international team.
• Experience with vacuum deposition technologies.
• Experience of authoring, training, or marketing in a technical environment.
• Understanding of the processes used in electronic device manufacture.