Due to the introduction of new and exciting automotive technology across their range of motorcycles, our Motorcycle OEM client are seeking an experienced Electrical Electronics Team Leader to lead the EEC Team and support current model development.
The Team Leader, Electrical Electronic Components is responsible for the Electrical Electronics Components Team, developing and enforcing process to deliver the full range of electrical components from simple switches to safety related Electronic Control Modules for pilot and production programmes. You will develop efficient processes, align to suitable toolchains, guide, and advise engineers through the process, advocate best practice, develop, review and approve engineering deliverables.
• Lead the Electrical Electronic Components Team to deliver components and control modules for use in chassis, powertrain, RESS, electric drivelines, suspension systems, HMI’s, keyless, ARAS etc.
• Manage day to day tasks of a team of Engineers, complete development appraisals for the Team and manage holiday / personnel related tasks
• Specify, influence, verify and validate simple components to full electronic control modules to meet all higher-level system and safety requirements, environmental standards (thermal, ingress and vibration etc.), EMC regulations and legal requirements etc.
• Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, module development lifecycles, best practice, efficiency improvements, MBSE tool requirements etc.
• Identify and resolve application problems / project risks at component and motorcycle level.
• Define and meet quality / cost targets and manage delivery to support our New Model Introduction Process.
• Oversee hardware requirements and provide support to FuSa (e.g. diagnostic coverage and safety case generation), systems, software/ modelling teams.
• Disseminate specialist knowledge including current best practice and emerging technological advances into appropriate working groups / departments.
• Oversee FTA and FMEA generation / review.
• Develop hardware and full motorcycle module architectures to maximise commonality and re-use of components / modules and actively control variants by utilising MBSE tools.
• Ensure software drops, calibration / configuration files and appropriate hardware platforms are synchronised for test and validation and where necessary support bike builds alongside vehicle centric integration engineers
• BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Proficient in Hardware design, requirements capture / management and component verification and validation.
• Embedded systems design experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Excellent trouble shooting skills.
• Specialist knowledge. For example, fault tolerant hardware design, design for EMC, etc.
• Experience managing a team of engineers within a similar environment.