17 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£competitive (dependent on proven ability) + car allowance + bens
Fantastic opportunity within an advanced engineering automotive business for a System Simulation Engineer (Vehicle / Powertrain) to play a significant role in moving the simulation and digital engineering processes to the next-level.
This project will keep the business at the fore-front of simulation technology for future powertrains (Hybrid, PHEV, EV, Battery etc.), using cutting-edge tools and processes.
You will join a small focused team and play a significant role in the success of this programme. Due to the importance of the role, this is a fantastic opportunity to immediately have a profile with senior managers in the UK, Europe and Globally as the project takes-shape.
Ideally you will already have gained at least 2-4 years proven engineering experience post-graduation; this may have come from a System Engineer / Simulation Engineer role in-industry, or a Simulation Research role within co-academia / business position.
My client is global product leader, supplying the highest quality automotive components and systems for all the major global car manufacturers and the aftermarket.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop and validate a scalable, modular Vehicle System Model, which will feed into the development of a unified standard simulation platform that will be utilised globally, to enhance the Model Based Development processes.
MAIN TASKS OF THE JOB:
• Developing model architecture and/or component and subsystem models for the Vehicle System Model
• Parameterising and validating models through physical testing
• Developing /documenting methodology and model management processes
• Utilising system model to demonstrate its value in diverse Powertrain system/component development use cases
• Reporting results and proposing future improvements for the simulation platform