Surface Materials Integration Engineer
Permanent - Norfolk
Keen to work for a prestigious high-tech automotive company?
Working within the interior trim Engineering department you will be responsible for the development and validation of the surface materials for future Sports Cars. This key role interfaces extensively with the Design and Quality departments and the supplier base to deliver world class surface materials that deliver the exciting design intent of Sports Cars.
Typically you will be responsible for;
• Liaising with the Design team to understand design Intent for surface materials.
• Creating a detailed timing plan for development of these materials.
• Engaging with suppliers to understand Engineering and manufacturing feasibility of these materials.
• Creating a Surface Material List which expresses these materials at Engineering component level.
• Creating testing plans to validate these materials to Cars and regulatory standards.
• Creating documentation to support the nomination of production suppliers for these materials.
• Management of the mastering of these materials resulting in production master samples.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria):
We're looking for a degree educated Engineer with strong experience in Surface Material development.
You'll be delivery focused with a proactive approach.
Experienced working in a cross functional integration role, we're looking for someone who is passionate and driven to deliver a world class end-product.
Collaborative and engaging, you'll work with a variety of stakeholders across the business, and with external suppliers who you will need to manage on cost, quality and delivery.