Motorsport & Automotive Global Supplier is recruiting a new SQA Engineer on a permanent basis located Thetford.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will improve the end-to-end supply chain performance of product and service suppliers. This includes: the development of supply chain-related procedures and processes; supplier assessment and qualification; management of supplier concerns; leading/coordinating supplier APQP activities; management of problem resolution and other quality/purchasing improvement initiatives and activities.
The role includes assessment of the current supplier base to identify, evaluate and develop suppliers capable of providing cost-effective quality components for existing and future projects.
- Ideally 3/ 4 years’ experience in a supply chain quality environment, with low volume manufacturing experience
- Experience of automotive supplier assessment and selection activities
- Knowledge of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- Knowledge and experience of automotive product development process and activities
- Good communication and professional presentation skills for customer and supplier interfacing
- Capable of organising and managing priorities, utilise problem solving techniques
- Commercial analysis and budgeting skills, experience of working to customer contract terms
- Computer literate, with advanced MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel skills/abilities, MS Project expertise preferred
Travel will be required occasionally for this role when not office based in Thetford.
The hiring manager is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Engineer that is excited to work in a fast-paced environment