Chassis Engineer - Steering
£26p/h + Overtime paid at £39p/h
Mission & Main Objectives
To successfully deliver vehicle projects to market. This normally consists of taking handover pre start of production from Japan; then ensuring that all KPIs are met for quality; delivery and Cost to ensure that the vehicle achieves start of production. Main focus of this position would the power steering commodity.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns.
- Provide technical support to the production plant.
- Management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
- Creating and executing cost down ideas through development and lifetime cycles
- Supporting prototype builds
- Design releases / Design reviews / BOM management
- Management of warranty return tasks/quality up design and release
- Management of supplier tuning activities / management of testing tuning activities
Background and Experience
- English-Fluent speaker
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline or have substantial experience at working at engineer level.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN)
- Be able to operate CANalyzer software or similar and interpret the results
- Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be longer periods and or at short notice.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have good knowledge of control theory
- Must have had working design experience with EPS (column) and or R-EPS
- Good first principles knowledge of (all or some) Mechatronics / electrical / mechanical fields
- Have an understanding of ride and handling characteristics of a passenger vehicle
- Experience of root cause analysis and management of investigational work