CAD Design Engineer
|Job Title:||CAD Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£30-35k + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2019 09:26|
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with SolidWorks CAD experience to join our engineering client. The role will primarily involve creating 3D models and assemblies plus generating detailed drawings for manufacture.
The successful candidate will also liaise with suppliers to obtain quotes and manage the procurement of parts. This position requires dedication, hard work and good communication.
We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, is well organised and has excellent attention to detail.
This role offers you the opportunity to work in a leading edge and rapidly developing industry which requires constant expansion of technology and progress in designing new production lines and processes.
Day to day activities will include creating drawings for the test & development team. This will include some design work on new fixtures and tooling for new test rigs. Some design work will include the redesign of existing designs.
• ONC/HNC minimum qualification
• Preferably someone who had completed an apprenticeship and has at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Professional SolidWorks user
• Problem solving abilities, 3D visualisation ability
• Good computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Understanding of manufacturing processes e.g. milling, turning and sheet metal work
• Able to choose materials – Steels, Stainless, Aluminium
• Have a structured approach to creating parts and building assemblies so that other users can easily dissect and modify if necessary.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking
This position would suit a CAD Design Engineer who is experienced with Solidworks and is interested in designing test jigs, fixtures and tooling within a modern manufacturing environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's