Our client designs and develops audio and video processing solutions, as both software and hardware products.
The products incorporate core technology converting picture, sound and metadata using proprietary world class, digital signal processing algorithms. The software products provide high quality, motion compensated frame rate conversion for a wide and growing range of target platforms.
Our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated software engineer to join ther software products team and contribute new product deployment and further develop product functionality and performance. They are looking for someone with circa 2 - 4 years industry experience ideally.
The roles include integration of third party functionality into their products and integration of FrameFormer software into third party products and solutions.
If you have a strong interest in engineering software systems to solve real world user problems, following industry best practice and trends, then this is the job for you! Working with the team, and reporting to the Project Lead, you will use, improve and expand your knowledge and skills by contributing to development across the full product lifecycle.
You would be working as a member of a small, focused team, you will have the support and guidance of experienced engineers, while being capable of demonstrating initiative and self motivated, independent working.
As a dedicated team player you will be expected to share knowledge and have the opportunity to mentor others.
Essential skills and qualifications:
• Good first degree in a relevant engineering/science subject
(Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or equivalent)
• Experience of professional C++ software development
• Competence in the use of debugging and analytic tools
• Competence in the use of revision control software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven team working ability
Desirable skills and qualifications:
• Familiarity with other programming and scripting languages
• Experience in software architecture design
• Knowledge of video/audio formats and processing
• Experience of development for cloud services
• Experience of OpenCL programming or similar
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our consideration.
Please note, this is a small company and so no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship can be offered.