Technology and manufacturing business delivering game-changing solutions for electronic and material technology is seeking a proven Software Controls Engineer with proven experience of legacy and modern state of the art automated control systems. This opportunity would suit someone who is a natural ‘problem solver’, happy to work in a small team.
As a Software Controls Engineer you will join a dedicated team of skilled software engineers whοse aim is to design, develop and implement process control systems to accommodate the next generation technology as well as automation control systems to replace manual handling processes due to expansion to mass production. As part of the team you will also contribute to improve and maintain existing control systems according to requirements from customers and R&D colleagues. The team also handles system integration and custom software for instrument control, shop floor control and data systems in manufacturing and R&D.
This role will involve:
- PLC/PAC configuring and programming.
- Safety PLC or Safety relay programming.
- HMI/SCADA configuring and programming.
- Robots configuring/programming.
- Software modifications testing.
- Configuring & managing databases and data logging.
- Preparing software releases and relevant documentation.
- Occasional travelling may be required.
A motivated engineer with controls/automation or similar background who is enthusiastic to work within a team but with minimum guidance and who is constantly seeking to explore new areas of engineering and to develop new skills.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Degree qualified in Controls/Automation/Software Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in control systems engineering.
- PLC programming (Any of Omron, Siemens, Allen Bradley. Others may also be considered).
- HMI/SCADA programming (Any of Omron, Siemens, Allen Bradley. Others may also be considered).
Desired skills and experience required:
- Opto22 programming.
- VFD and servo drives programming.
- High level language programming.