Service Engineering Manager
Reporting to the Head of Service Engineering and Aftersales, you will be responsible for the creation and management of Service Engineering project deliverables including;
- Manage Vehicle Development Project gateways and ensure all Aftersales deliverables achieve either Green or Amber status.
- Benchmarking of competitors for serviceability and cost of ownership.
- Ensure Vehicle Design serviceability targets though DMU assessment, design control meetings and physical review are achieved.
- Work closely with vehicle designers to ensure that serviceability targets are understood and meet.
- Specify and deliver special workshop equipment and mange suppliers.
- Manage the development and deliver Diagnostic System, Guided Test Steps including Operating software and Hardware.
- Manage the development and deliver maintenance repair methodologies and instructions and manage suppliers.
- Manage the development and deliver body repair methodologies and instructions and manage suppliers.
- Manage the development and deliver Spare Parts manual and manage suppliers.
- Support the Aftersales Technical Support team with technical and Diagnostic problem solving.
- Proof read workshop related technical information for content accuracy.
- Management of design changes though the lifecycle of each model and variant which effects technical workshop documentation.
- Manage the creation of Owners Documentation in conjunction with the Creative Department for each new model launch and maintain current versions. (hardback and electronic versions)
- Manage the translation of all necessary types of Approved repair centre and Customer documentation and manage translation suppliers.
- Ensure all vehicles programs are correctly budgeted and delivered within budget.
- Manage the selection of new suppliers though Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ) processes.
- Be instrumental in delivering initiatives to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- Develop, create timing plans and business cases for Service Engineering related projects and ensure these are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Liaise and work closely with internal and external stakeholders and business units ensuring cross functionality.
- To carry out any other appropriate work as required by the company.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent desirable.
- Previous experience in an Automotive Manufacturing or Head Office environment.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of design software CATIA V5
- Knowledge of Engineering Bill of Material systems.
- Knowledge of Electrical Diagnostic Systems.
- Knowledge of Automotive Vehicle operating systems, Braking, Air Conditioning, Suspension, Engine and Transmissions.
- Knowledge of Publication Software suits.
- Proven track record for project management and staff welfare.
Personal attributes / behavioural skills for position
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self determination.
- Strong planning, good follows up skills, meticulous in detail.
- Demonstrates a methodical approach.
- Good team working habits.
- Confident with good interpersonal & communication, (especially verbal & written) skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Mobile & willing to travel abroad as requested.