Senior Project Engineer, Design Quality
|Job Title:||Senior Project Engineer, Design Quality|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2021 12:45|
Our Global Automotive OEM client are seeking a Senior Project Engineer, Design Quality to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Design Quality department's main objective is to quickly resolve and prevent reoccurrence of Quality concerns - working in collaboration with service colleagues, design and factories, to reduce warranty and improve customer satisfaction, and reflect know-how back to the head office to be included in future products. As a Project Engineer (PE), you will be responsible for leading a specific category and working across all functional activities within the department to deliver results and achieve department targets. As a Senior Project Engineer (SPE), you will be responsible for managing a team of project engineers and cross-functional activities to achieve department targets.
• Manage multiple quality activities from initiation to closure within given time frame with multi-functional teams (factory, service and design).
• Manage quality maturation of new technology introduction with Japan.
• Manage quality concerns related to design and specification.
• Work with dept. manager to set activities/project scope, objectives, schedules, deliverables, estimate the required resources, control the budget and co-ordinate reports.
• Lead the team of project engineers, being responsible of training and development, and appraisals.
• Provide daily guidance and direction to all engineers to achieve set targets.
• Review and consolidate engineers’ reports prior to presentations to senior managers and executives.
• Reporting problem status and future activities to top management internally and externally.
• The role will require travel overseas, on occasions at short notice. Qualifications, skills and experience required/desirable:
• University degree in Automotive and/or Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Good technical knowledge of vehicle systems and design specification.
• Demonstrable ability to work in a team, supervise ensuring quality management, tracking budget expenses, be result-driven, delegate and manage time.
• Demonstrable problem analysis & solving skills in quality.
• Demonstrable project management skills.
• An adept communicator able to build good relationships within the team and across all areas of the business.
• Take hands-on attitude to lead or support other engineers.
• Capable to work independently with low or no supervision.
• Be proactive and demonstrate high level of self-motivation to deliver.
• Able to stay focused under pressure and with multiple task requirements.
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
• Demonstrable experience of data logging and data analysis.
• Good knowledge of Powertrain systems – ICE, Transmission.
• Good knowledge of Power electronics, HEV, EV, Energy management and high voltage systems (PCU, IPU).
• Demonstrated experience and solid expertise in project planning, management and reporting.
• Demonstrable experience of team management, building and leading.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Design Quality Project Engineer
Competitive + benefits
Senior Design Engineer - Electrical Systems Packaging And Integration
£competitive + Benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer
£27-35k + Bonus + Benefits
Design Engineer- Interior Trim