We are looking to recruit a Senior Production Engineer to provide Value Stream support for all production engineering activities within the company, drive continuous improvements projects and develop/train the value stream engineers and team leaders in best practice with a specific focus on a ‘hands-on’ pragmatic approach to VSM and production engineering.
Over the past few years, the company has invested in moving and modernising its manufacturing capabilities in pursuit of technical excellence and as a result, they now have one of the most advanced Machine Shops in the South-East.
As the Senior Production Engineer you’ll be responsible for developing the engineering team identifying and meeting their training needs. We need you to develop and coach the value stream production engineers and engineering support staff focusing on prioritisation and decision-making skills.
This will also include developing good problem solving and project management skills with the engineers, developing their engineers skills and approach for successful new product introduction and new equipment/process introduction, including production and cell layouts.
You’ll champion continues improvement activities, demonstrating and encouraging a collaborative and constructive relationships between engineering, other departments and with all levels of the value streams. From time to time you’ll need to provide reports and presentations.
When you are not developing the team you will be doing things like leading problem solving and continuous improvement activities as well as supporting new product introduction and new equipment/process introduction.
This is a varied role and it will also involve other Production activities such as defining, developing and maintaining processes, equipment and tooling. This could include designing jigs, tools and fixtures as well as diagnosing or programming PLC’s.
Some of the time you’ll be collecting and analysing data for continuous improvements. You’ll also take the lead and conduct problem solving activities, new product and process introductions, as well as creating proposals for new cell layouts or re-layouts where required.
To apply we are ideally looking for the following knowledge & experience:
• Degree qualification in Industrial Engineering or an Advanced Level Apprenticeship
• Patient and approachable with a manner conducive to the training and developing of staff
• Ability to identify gaps in performance and coach staff in the relevant arears.
• The ability to drive improvements in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of manufacturing best practice including lean, six sigma, 5s and FMEA
• A background within mechanical, electronics/electrical, production or manufacturing engineering
• Previous experience of designing tooling, jigs and fixtures
• Highly computer literate – MS Office, Cad, Pro Engineer
• PLC & Software programming/diagnosing experience is desirable
This position would suit an Engineer who enjoys leading others and getting the best out of them. You’ll need a proactive and flexible approach, be data driven, take a hands on approach and have strong analytical skills. We are looking for structured, experienced problem-solver who can communicate clearly with others and be approachable, with the ability to build credible relationships with all levels within the organisation.
Working hours : Mon – Thurs: 7:30am – 16:15pm & Fri: 7:30am – 12:30pm
• Discretionary Production Bonus
• 25 Days holiday
• Pension Scheme
• Life Insurance Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Managed Canteen facility
• Free parking, workwear, eye tests, cycle to work scheme