27 days ago
Senior Power Electronics Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000
Our high technology Fibre Lasers development and manufacturing client in Southampton is seeking a new Senior Power Electronics Engineer to join their electronics engineering team on a perm basis.
As a senior member of the electronics engineering team, this role will involve the design and development of power electronics, including safety and compliance solutions, used in our broad range of fiber laser products. The successful applicant will contribute to the electronics team though the full engineering lifecycle from design and development to prototyping, verification and validation prior to certification work in preparation for transfer into full product release.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• This role will be working primarily in Southampton, though will require travel to our second site in Rugby to support the engineering and manufacturing team as required.
• Responsible for the specification, design and development of power electronics solutions including:
• Design, simulation and testing
• Analog and power circuit design
• High current/voltage laser diode driver design
• Product safety and compliance
• Definition and support of the verification and validation requirements of power electronics for new product developments
• Creation and maintenance of project documentation, including transfer of new products, test requirements and processes from Development to Manufacturing
• Manufacturing line support in Southampton & Rugby.
• 4+ years of experience as a design and development engineer in a hi-tech manufacturing environment
• The applicant should have experience in:
• High current/voltage DC circuit design
• Cabinet design & wiring
• AC power conditioning
• Designing for compliance. Particularly ISO 13849, IEC 61010, IEC 60825, LVD 2014/35/EU
• Pld/PLe safety circuits in compliance with ISO 13849
• Strong Degree or Masters in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
• Ability to manage a complicated portfolio of work packages methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Hands-on, creative approach to problem solving with the ability to translate engineering requests into cost effective and robust industrial solutions
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrates perseverance and drive.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review and consideration.