Senior Passive Safety Engineer – Electrical Systems
£50-60k. Negotiable based upon qualifications, skills and experience
An exciting opportunity to join an innovative, new technology, automotive business as a part of their Electrical Engineering team focusing on passive safety of electrical systems.
• Responsible for the overall delivery of the Passive Safety systems (SRS) from concept to production.
• Lead the technical discussions with suppliers, internal cross-functional teams and partner OEM
• Support and management of our partner OEM and Tier 1 suppliers for donor technology, new/modified
designs, system calibration and validation
• Cross-function leadership and overall SRS system integrator role between Electrical, Vehicle Safety,
Restraints, Structures and Exteriors Function Groups
• Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD
• Lead and co-ordinate SRS system review, crash, calibration and verification & validation activities
throughout the development lifecycle
• Release responsible for SRS parts on the Electrical BOM. Ensure that SRS parts are correctly structured
on the BOM and strive to achieve cost and weight targets and delivery timing to support vehicle build
• Issue management support, from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure
using company issue management system
• Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality
throughout the project lifecycle
• Provision of information, support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments
• Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams
• Demonstrable experience (7+ years) of Automotive Passive Safety development at systems or vehicle
level. Experience of Active Bonnet and pressure tube systems advantageous
• Experience of Automotive product development systems (VPDS, FPDS, GPDS, NPDS etc)
• Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive sector.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality
planning, PPAP etc.).
• Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures based upon Ethernet, CAN, LIN and Flexray
• Practical experience of diagnostic software tools and Measurement and Calibration tools.
• Practical experience of using CAD packages (CATIA) or visualisation applications.
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease coordinating a team of engineers and
• Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own
initiative and remain focused under pressure.
• Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
• Full driving licence essential.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review.