14 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits + flex working
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Engineering Consultancy client in their Silverstone based Electrification Team.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a highly motivated Engineer with a demonstrated ability for design and development in a fast-paced environment to join the team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the team by producing design solutions that arise from new product design, customer requests, and other ad hoc activities.
For this role, you will need a sound knowledge of engineering principles and materials, and an ability to apply your experience creatively in the development of world-leading innovative products. Working to a range of industry standards for quality and validation, you will be capable of providing solutions backed up with a robust methodology that will keep this business at the forefront of technology in the years ahead.
Skills / experience;
• Degree or time served Mechanical Engineer with minimum 5 years’ experience in a design and development environment.
• Strong experience of CAD software, preferably CATIA V5, with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings.
• The ability to interpret mechanical FEA studies and propose solutions/improvements to design issues.
• A good understanding of design for assembly and constraints for low volume manufacture.
• A good understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and processing.
• A confident approach with customers and suppliers with the ability to detail requirements and understand issues.
• Hybrid working is adopted for this position.