A new opportunity has arisen with an innovative high-performance business for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the business located at their facility in Norwich.
Our client specialises in delivering the most complete and competitive seating packages in the aerospace industry.
As a key member of the product development and delivery team, you will be required to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support the delivery of seating products for new customer programs.
Additionally, your significant experience within the field of aircraft seating design and engineering will ensure that you are a key technical reference for both the development of new seating products and the continuous improvement of the current products.
You will hold minimum 5 years’ experience working as a senior seating design engineer, including experience in all phases of development (from concept to launch), have good understanding of EASA Part 21G/J and hold strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The duties include, but are not limited to, those shown below:
- Liaising with the Programme Manager and Engineering Manager to plan projects and time scales.
- Management of engineering team members according to the requirements of the project and available skillsets.
- Releasing and managing engineering data though the internal approval loop between all departments.
- Act as Seat Design (Mechanical engineering) subject matter expert in support of all
Product development activities, including:
- Use of in depth knowledge of all regulatory and compliance requirements to guide optimised seat design
- Leadership and application of Cost and Weight optimisation techniques
- Application of manufacturing and tooling knowledge (DFM) to ensure shortest development lead-times are adopted
- Specification and application of appropriate CAE tools (e.g. component analysis, system dynamic modelling, digital mock-up etc) to ensure the continued successful application of virtual design and development methods.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and ability to work flexible hours, as required.
Contact me to discuss further