Our client is a leading-edge advanced materials technology company located in Basingstoke. A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Materials Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for planning and leading research projects relating to the development of aluminium matrix composite (AMC) materials, for both new and existing customers, whilst also providing ongoing technical support to the company’s AMC production department.
The key to the success of this role will be a willingness to apply knowledge and previous experience of casting processes and metallurgy to the challenging technical issues that the commercial uptake of AMC materials present
This position requires a person with a materials science or materials engineering degree and at least 5 years' of industrial experience working with metallic materials in either the automotive, aerospace, or related engineering sectors.
You will be a highly self-motivated individual, be good communicators and available to start as soon as possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, scheduling and leading materials research and development projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Technical lead for on-going government funded projects and support applications for new projects.
- Support the design of AMC and “hybrid AMC” components
- Support production of new materials / components manufactured using patented processes
- Collaborate with others to validate simulations through focused experiments. Assist in the implementation of new casting technologies.
Devising materials solutions for prospective customer’s engineering problems. Support the development of non-destructive evaluation facility for AMC materials.
The job function will generally be based at the Company’s offices in Basingstoke, Hampshire, but the role will involve visits to client’s premises, with occasional attendance of technical meetings and conferences, either in the UK or worldwide.