We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Systems Engineer for our client, a global leader in construction equipment.
This role is based within the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team; the key objective is to enhance and implement Manufacturing Planning & Executions Systems. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Manufacturing engineering team.
The key focus of the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team is to provide globally standardised manufacturing / production processes, equipment and systems, designed to enable the introduction of new products and provide best asset utilisation leveraging the capability of our world class production facilities. This role requires expertise in manufacturing systems (E.g. MES, PLM, ERP) and will also require experience of technical manufacturing/production engineering skills in both project and process-based environments. The successful candidate will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within a Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of the company, providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing processes, with specific focus on manufacturing systems across global facilities.
This role represents an exciting step forward for individuals wishing to develop their project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Proactively work with cross-functional teams to develop manufacturing systems functional requirements that support the production processes.
• Support the development of manufacturing solutions to implement new product introduction programs across the global facilities
• Support the development of global manufacturing system strategy, including justification for business case approval
• Manage project delivery to ensure they are implemented on time and within budget
• Develop and document robust test cases and test plans for performing User Acceptance Testing.
• Develop and deliver training material in support of implementation and commissioning.
• Work with suppliers or IT teams to deliver and implement manufacturing system solutions
• Be directly engaged with other parts of the enterprise/business at all levels to ensure project delivery against set deliverables
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise and support for global manufacturing teams, in the implementation of manufacturing system solutions
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a relevant Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
• The candidate must have previous experience as a Manufacturing / Production Engineer developing and implementing process / assembly solutions
• Have knowledge and experience of using and implementing Manufacturing systems - Manufacturing Execution Systems (e.g. Oracle solutions, Simatic IT, SAP ME, Delmia Apriso) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning systems (e.g. SAP, QAD) and/or Manufacturing planning solutions (e.g. Siemens Teamcenter – Manufacturing Process Planner, Process Simulate)
• Understanding of Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) concepts and their application in the area of product design, Bill of Materials (BoM’s), Manufacturing Routings, Product/Process change control, configuration management
• Understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools
• Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Experience of introducing new products and/or managing significant change with proven and innovative manufacturing techniques within the manufacturing environment
• Experience of Discrete Event Simulation software (E.g. Tecnomatix PlantSim, Arena, Flexsim)
• Understanding of manufacturing system/database architecture and integration with automation (e.g. PLC’s) and other applications
• Experience of Siemens Teamcenter Manufacturing Process Planner and Advanced Assembly Planner. Enterprise Bill of Process or Bill of Process
• Experience of virtual process planning techniques to evaluate product and process design (3D virtual validation, process simulation, 3D ergonomic evaluation etc..) developing and documenting assembly/production instructions