Senior Homologation Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Homologation Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Paris Williams|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2018 14:23|
Our Automotive OEM client located in Wiltshire has a new opportuntiy for a Senior Homologation Engineer to join the team.
You must have experience working for an Automotive OEM to apply for this position.
• Lead planning and delivery of vehicle approval for your designated global market or markets;
• Liaise with the Government departments to fully understand and implement the process required for vehicle approval in your market, along with lobbying for potential legislative updates or interpretations, if required;
• Define any processes required to gain approval or for post-production reporting;
• Support Director-level discussions and reviews with the Chief Engineer of the company.
• Provide information and guidance to all levels of engineering staff regarding compliance in your market;
• Develop in-house test reports for use by the engineering teams to assist with compliance testing, beginning with early concept designs.
• A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines or experience will be considered);
• Experience working for an automotive OEM, technical service, type approval authority or engineering consultancy specialising in this area;
• Previous experience in automotive approvals with a detailed knowledge of vehicle type approval in your market. Experience of other global markets would be a bonus;
• Proven experience of being instrumental in delivering vehicle approval programs for your chosen market
• Confident leading cross functional meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction;
• An understanding of a typical automotive milestone process and the level of compliance that can be expected through that process;
• As a minimum, an awareness of ISO 26262 and the process to achieve Functional Safety compliance;
• An understanding of ISO 9001 and how it influences the ability to achieve vehicle approval;
• Ability to present in front of large audiences and communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information to project members from multiple disciplines;
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and MS Sharepoint;
• Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of engineering teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment;
• Be a self-starter with an ability to work independently;
• Ability to identify and act on a particular area that requires attention;
• Work flexibly with the ability to apply themselves to a task outside of their normal job description, if required;
• Excellent team-working skills with an ability to interact with all of the engineering teams in a positive and constructive manner;
• Ability to travel within or outside of the UK to support meetings, negotiations or testing, possibly for a number of weeks.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's