Our client are a global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineer, Interior to lead Cockpit Module Lifecycle Projects from a development viewpoint. You will also lead successful implementation of various cost reduction ideas to achieve business driven targets.
• To work in accordance with company procedures, work and operating instructions; which comply with the requirements of TS 16949.
• To lead current production projects (post SOP and minor change) and manage all team members. To use engineering tools and techniques to ensure design quality assurance is achieved.
• To investigate failure modes and causes, suggesting possible countermeasures. Interface between R&D and internal/external customers.
• To actively pursue and take ownership of tasks to meet the functional objective targets/commitments. To be able to create and follow up timing plans.
• Use company software systems/packages to support design release process and customer requirements. To carry out Benchmarking and cost reduction activities.
• Strong self-learning attitude is desired.
Skills / experience;
• Educated as a minimum in an HND in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
• Experience within a similar role, preferably within an automotive/manufacturing industry or equivalent. Experience of Interior Trim component/system.
• Experience of Plastic materials and design for manufacture with plastics is desirable.
• Automotive experience including Project management.
• Experience of interior trim parts design experience (styling surface feedback, detail B-surface design). CAD skills- NX 5 and above.
• Experience in Cockpit Module Design area would be an advantage.
• Ability to analyse and solve problems using engineering tools & techniques. Flexible - able to work on several different products.