Our Motorcycle client based in Leicester has a new opportunity for a Senior EDS Engineer to join the Electrical/Electronics department.
To allow for the introduction of new and exciting automotive technology across our range of motorcycles, the Electrical department is expanding and is looking to bring in talented, passionate and driven engineers, to support our future model development.
As a Sernior Electrical Distribution Systems engineer, within the wider Electrical team, you be involved in full vehicle electrical system development from high level scheming down to individual component development, working closely with Tier 1 suppliers to specify components to a high standard and drive forward the next generation of motorcycles.
Using your excellent trouble-shooting skills, you will provide the team with prompt solutions to any problems that could arise. You will be a role model to Senior Design engineers but also use your experience to manage a team to motivate and support where required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and release of Electrical Distribution System schematics using Vesys 2 design software.
- Justification of design decisions with released documentation for harness electrical hardwarearchitecture, relays, fuses, wire sizes.
- Review and signoff of schematic drawings, technical reports and design justifications prepared by the EDS circuits team for all projects.
- Coordination and planning of EDS circuit engineering team workload for schematic design deliverables across all new bike models and variants.
- Design for EMC.
- Regular liaison with EDS 2D engineers, project managers, manufacturing departments andchassis / powertrain / systems teams.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers to optimise the harness design and development process, and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely and cost effective introduction of new components and harnesses.
- Control and development of Vesys 2 circuit application for circuit / schematic design.
- Continual improvement to advance schematic design procedures, advise industry best practice and improve efficiency.
- Work with EDS Team Leader in determining wider design process/procedure improvements and how these can be efficiently rolled out to the wider electrical team and design department.
- Supporting, coaching and mentoring EDS circuit team members, including yearly appraisals in conjunction with EDS Team leader.