Senior Engineer – Body Structures
Reporting to the Chief Engineer / Principal Engineer Body Structures the Project Engineer will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of body structure systems Polestar vehicle programs.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for project management aspects of programme
delivery & planning, DFMEA driven DVP planning resulting in target setting, specification, verification & launch.
• Project management of body structure systems to meet required project milestones from concept engineering to launch
• Planning part and subsystem DVP activity driven by DFMEA
• Collaboration with other function groups to drive feasible and cost-effective solutions whilst also pushing the boundaries on structural performance and technology
• Ownership of the technical specifications, DFMEAs, DVPs and other key technical documents as part of the new vehicle development process
• Supplier management
• You’ll have a minimum of 5 years relevant automotive experience, with a good exposure to Body Structures and/or HV systems.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of DFMEA and DVP planning in relation to structural performance.
• Understanding of laboratory test equipment and its use
• Proven track record of delivering vehicle systems
• An understanding and passion for future and current Body Structure and/or HV vehicle technologies
• Understanding and experience in New Product Development life cycle
• Ability to work flexibly within the wider Body Structures team
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
• Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams
• Ability to prioritise workload & manage external inputs/requests