Senior Electronics Engineer
£50k - 58k
Littlehampton, West Sussex
Our client is a global leader in motion and control technologies covering a range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. They are seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer with Physics/Electronics qualifications and experience within Product Development.
Working both autonomously and collaboratively within a Research and Development environment. An experienced electronics engineer with a research (physics and optics) background to further research activities, and offer a holistic approach to the successful conception, development and implementation of new products (NPD). Assist and advise engineers as a technical authority within the company. The support of legacy product is also required delivering high technical standards.
The candidate will interact at all levels; both internally and with our customers – representing the company in academic forums. This work will support the Business Units portfolio of condition monitoring equipment within a wide range of industries including marine and industrial applications.
Product Development Team:
• Customer interfacing at high technical levels to understand needs and opportunities.
• Research new techniques and technologies – with the aim of patent generation.
• Determine product performance requirements
• Manage the preparation of design concepts to meet product specifications
• New product and analytical technique generation and research.
• New Product Development and introduction projects (analogue and digital circuit design/PCB layout).
• Assure product design integrity at all phases of the product life cycle
• Responsible for product technical content.
• Represent the company from a technical perspective with papers and conferences to demonstrate technical leadership, innovations and promote our activities. Go-to person for technical assistance concerning engineering matters.
• Produce innovative product designs and blueprints to support profitable growth and operational excellence through simplification and application of technology
• Ensure NPD output is compliant to relevant legislation (CE (EMC/LVD) and ATEX compliance of products).
• Use innovative design and product capability to maintain a high degree of customer service, internal productivity, adherence to quality whilst aiming for cost reduction.
• Attend customer meetings lone or supporting the sales force in order capture technical requirements for NPD and the blueprinting (market intelligence) process.
• Attend trade shows and conferences representing supporting the product range. Provide feedback in the Blueprinting process and input to marketing and strategic direction.
• Education: Degree in relevant (Physics/Electronic Engineering) discipline and substantial technical background.
• Significant experience with instrumentation creation and development.
• Analytical techniques including Infra-Red, magnetometry and spectroscopy
• Analogue/Digital circuit design and development plus PCB layout.
• Can-do attitude and flexibility. Previous hands-on experience of electro-mechanical applications/controls engineering is highly desirable.
• Proven ability to learn new technologies.
• Troubleshooting, Problem Solving and analytical skills.
• Strong communicator.
• Strong ability to collaborate and influence organisational direction.
• Capable of working within a multi-disciplined team and managing projects under time constraints
• Proven Engineering leadership experience, preferably within a fast-paced matrix organisation
• Chartered Engineer
• Technical knowledge of engineering and product development functions
• Vision with the ability to see the bigger picture and model the way forward.
For full details and to apply for the role please send me an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review along with a contact number for you.