Automotive engineering consultancy is seeking a proven powertrain Development Engineer for a Senior Engineer opportunity. You will have the opportunity to work-on some leading high-performance powertrain electrification programmes.
You will have the opportunity to work-on some leading high-performance powertrain electrification programmes.
Prior experience of powertrain electrification would be highly beneficial but not essential. More important is your proven ability in powertrain development.
To develop and deliver powertrain systems that meet the agreed functional, cost, quality and operational requirements, within the budget and time constraints required.
• To assess project requirements in accordance to the agreed timescales and specifications with clients and managers
• Develop and implement test procedures
• To interpret and analyse results and data
• To write reports, documentation and present the data to the relevant people
• To support and give advice to the less experienced members of staff
• To work closely with design, production and manufacturing engineers
• Provide technical advice and answer queries from team members and clients if needed
• To supervise and inspect the installations/ modifications and commissioning of mechanical systems at client facilities.
• Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected problems.
• Manage and coordinate a concerns database
• Create, issue and maintain detailed project plans
• Manage and coordinate supplier delivery of correct level hardware and software to match rig, vehicle and engine program expectations / requirements.
• Demonstrate through validation testing and system/features meet all specified requirements.
• Provide input to Sign-Off Summary reports
• Log issues found during testing and lead communication to ensure resolution of all related issues identified.
• Interface directly with clients on technical issues when required
• Support the development of quality and validation processes
• Support the sales teams in the development of marketing opportunities
• Any other tasks that are reasonably assigned to you by your line manager, including development activities, which are within your capability and grade
• Assist with training of new engineers.