Our Automotive EV client are currently seeking a Senior Cost Engineer on a contract basis.
We are seeking applicants with experience in metal pressings, castings, machining, extrusions, Chassis components and any electrical propulsion components such as electric motors. The key objective of the role is to achieve cost optimized design solutions and competitive cost through actively providing fact-based input and negotiation support to reach best price.
• Plan and perform the main tasks according to program plan when applicable.
• Control tooling specification
• Provide cost estimates based on “best cost practice”
• Perform tasks in line with CE guidelines to maintain quality and transparency.
• Evaluate concept cost in design competition phase to support R&D and purchaser to make commercial judgement.
• Establish cost database for key commodities.
• Support project team to drive resolution and establish action plans on supplier issues.
• Coordinate cross functional teams within Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to secure the deliverable of project.
• Lead cost estimations for Body Structure, Chassis and Electrical Propulsion components.
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or relevant experience.
• More than 5 years working experiences in cost estimation, manufacture, tooling, production area in well-known OEM or tier 1 supplier, tooling company.
• Good knowledge of production, material, manufacture process.
• Good knowledge of stamping, machining, casting, forming, welding, surface treatment, injection moulding and assembly etc.
• Experience in Electric Vehicle’s, Propulsion Systems, Lightweight BIW/ Body Structure would be advantageous.
• Familiar with tooling structure and manufacture.
• Have fact base negotiation and cost analysis skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, fluency in English, written and spoken, as well as experiences working in a global team.