Our Electronics Manufacturing client based in Leeds in Yorkshire is looking to expand their purchasing / supply chain team by recruiting a Senior Buyer with a project / NPI purchasing background.
This is a hands on purchasing role that also encompasses delivery cost down projects, contract negotiations, project management and new product strategy work, hence a Senior Buyer role.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager - Europe with full responsibility for direct material spend. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for developing and rationalizing the supply base across multiple sites, whilst delivering cost reduction programs and Managing Contract / price negotiations.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for all commercial dealings with suppliers
• Evaluation and selection of suppliers based upon quality, delivery & cost.
• Negotiation of pricing and terms with suppliers.
• Raising purchase orders from MRP reports.
• Management reporting –PPV, cost down activity.
• Project Management of transfer projects and cost down initiatives.
• Management of NPI across Multiple sites.
• Responsible for budgeting and analysis of financial forecasts based upon given targets.
• Excellent Communication skills, written and verbal.
• Working on own initiative to improve supplier relationships and identify best value for money practices.
• Lead cost reduction programs for defined category spend.
• Develop current and future new product strategies with engineering to optimize costs.
• This role will involve travelling within the UK and may include some international travel.
• Challenge and improve the ways things are currently done utilizing problem solving tools and techniques.
• Sign off price adjustments, MOQ’S and lead times.
• Min five years’ procurement experience within a manufacturing environment, demonstrating team leadership skills
• CIPS qualification or equivalent preferred.
• Successfully delivered tangible cost down projects.
• Financially strong and confident in excel & other financial management tools.
• Experience of working in cross-functional projects.
• Excellent negotiation skills, internal and external.
• Ability to build good working relationships quickly.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must have a good understanding of MRP Purchasing reports.
• Able to think strategically and develop creative and innovative improvement ideas.
• Team worker.
• Good understanding of Lean techniques and modern supply chain thinking.
• Good understanding of MS Office, particularly Excel.
• Globally Mobile
• Working knowledge of MRP systems.
To apply please send a MS Word formatted version of your CV