2 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Sales Executive – broadcast software products
£45 - £50,000 base with 6% commission on top (70K ETA)
Our client designs and manufactures industry-leading conversion and signal processing solutions, which are used to deliver some of television’s greatest moments by the world’s best-known media outlets and broadcasters.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this exciting and unique Sales Executive opportunity is for an individual who wants to use their technical sales experience to grow the businesses software revenues.
Using your experience of broadcast workflows and understanding of customer requirements, you will develop new relationships with end users of software conversion products, with the objective of generating sales of software products and services.
Achieve agreed targets from sales of software products and services. Targets will be agreed and reviewed annually.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manage and grow a portfolio of business customers and be solely responsible for relationships with those customers.
• Maintain accurate records within CRM system for all customer activity.
• Take responsibility for identifying and developing new business opportunities.
• Manage relationships with customers, including ensuring that feedback from customers is accurately presented so that informed decisions can be made about future product development.
• Actively and enthusiastically seek new business customers: find sources of new leads, qualify and progress leads, speak directly to potential customers, visit potential customers and close sales within the shortest feasible timescale.
• Demonstrate products in an effective manner to potential customers.
• Manage pre-sales and post-sales usage and application queries with the help of a Product Manager and a Technical Support Engineer.
• Assist with Sales activities before, during and after trade shows, including attendance at relevant trade shows and exhibitions.
• Seek additional cost-effective demonstration opportunities.
• Provide input into ongoing Sales and Marketing strategies.
• Raise awareness of products in appropriate markets through contribution to the companies and FrameFormer web sites, and through participation in customer community engagement and direct marketing campaigns.
• Help develop and engage with a network of international resellers including sales opportunity support and lead sharing.
• Other duties supporting business as may be required from time-to-time.
• Travel to customer sites will be required (up to 50%).
Essential knowledge and experience required
• Direct experience of sales of software products and services within the broadcast industry.
• Demonstrable network of appropriate level contacts in major broadcast organisations.
• Demonstrable experience in developing and managing enterprise sales transactions, both direct and through channel partnerships.
• Ability and knowledge to present conversion and signal processing solutions to customers at all levels.
• Understanding of and demonstrated knowledge in broadcast customer workflows and end-user processes.
• Demonstrated experience in independently finding and securing new customers for software products.
• Good communication skills including the ability to interact with customers of all status levels, and proven capability in persuading customers to move to purchase.
• Good organisational and planning skills and attention to detail.
• High level of ability in written communication.
• Proven strong team-working capability.
Desirable knowledge and experience required
• Direct experience of selling software as a service and/or metered software products (i.e. those sold on a pay-per-use model).
• Experience of sales of software and hardware conversion and signal processing products.
• Experience of generation of content for external web sites.
• Experience of preparation of customer supporting material such as brochures, manuals and application notes.
• Experience in management of international resellers.
28 days holiday in addition to bank holidays.
Pension contribution 6% of base salary.
Company shares available after a qualifying period.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.
Due to the size of the business they cannot offer relocation assistance or visa sponsorship for this role.