Honda Racing F1 are seeking an ERS Reliability Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis in Milton Keynes. The purpose is to work within the Energy Recovery System (ERS) development and testing team, taking responsibility for implementing damage matrix of all components within the ERS system: cell block, inverter, dc-dc converter and electric motors. The initial focus of this role will be to use existing ERS test facilities, however, there will be opportunities to devise and commission new test equipment. This position may include shift working and/or weekend working.
• Define damage model for all components within ERS system.
• Define, schedule and execute tests to calibrate the damage model with real test data.
• Define service requirements for ERS packs.
• Liaise with ESS development team to implement live health monitoring within embedded systems.
• Work closely with reliability engineer for fault and issue tracking.
• Report results in a clear, concise and structured manner.
• Feedback the test data to ESS development team to improve the performance and reliability of ESS pack.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Significant exposure to creation and validation of damage models
• Experience in developing and testing high voltage battery systems
• Experience in designing, specifying and use of ERS production tools / equipment
• Experience in ERS testing methodologies
• Familiarity with software tools such as MatLab and Simulink
• Knowledge of electrical components is essential, high-voltage knowledge highly desirable
• Excellent document presentational skills
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable