Quality Reliability Test Engineer
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months (Highly likely to go permanent)
£Negotiable + benefits
The businesses aspiration is to develop class leading quality in our products and processes, ensuring their vehicles are every bit as reliable as they are beautiful. The Quality Reliability Test will be crucial to achieving this. Helping to define and implement our Quality Reliability Test (QRT) activities for their products to enable early identification of issues which are likely to appear during of a vehicle’s life. Test Engineer will be responsible for the whole vehicle test preparation and execution to the defined procedures and work instructions. Supporting periodic reviews of the procedures, work instructions, risk assessment to ensure testing remains representative of customer product use. During testing, the Test Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all issues highlighted are understood and cascaded to the relevant departments so that timely resolutions are achieved.
- Support development of Quality reliability test plan, requirements, procedure and methodology to evaluate new product in various environments replicating real world customer usage in global markets
- Execute vehicle evaluation activities and processes during the whole product life-cycle, particularly pre-production phases, ensuring all issues are captured and fed back into the programme / engineering / supplier for resolution
- Run reliability fleet vehicles to ensure all activities are completed on time, driving resolution of all issues identified
- Lead issue definition and assignment
- Support issue resolution and escalation
- Fleet management: minimize car-down and keep vehicles updated (Hardware and Software)
- Monitor and report fleet activity status to the programme & engineering teams
- Write clear working procedure for the department
- Collaborate with Test & Development department to ensure synergies are maximised and duplication eliminated.
- This role will require close collaboration with other members of the group to ensure QRT processes are aligned where possible. It will also require a close working relationship with 3rd party test provider(s) to deliver the activities. Communication and assignment of issues amongst internal stakeholders (Engineering, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing etc)
- This role will require a strong knowledge of whole vehicle testing activities, providing scope to develop a process / activity plan. It will require good planning skills along with the ability to work as part of a team but also alone. Whilst direct budgetary responsibility is not part of this role, tracking of costs vs plan will be required.
- HNC minimum in an automotive engineering discipline
- Experience of implementing vehicle test plan, reliability or durability test.
- Must be able to complete first level diagnosis on the complete vehicle.
- Good level of vehicle evaluation and performance. Working knowledge of diagnostic and problem resolution.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues.
- Experience in resolution of complex technical issues. Experience of automotive systems software and software diagnostic systems.
- Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of product development processes
- Degree in an automotive engineering discipline
- OEM knowledge of vehicle development and production processes
- Working knowledge of vehicle reliability testing methods.
- Six sigma certification
- E&E or hybrid PWT advanced diagnosis skill
- Experience of the application of automotive engineering quality tools within and OEM environment
- The willingness and ability to train others in this field
- Knowledge of NPDS/GPDS/VPDS would be advantageous
Travel will be required at times to support evaluation activities / engineering / supplier activities globally. Possible more frequent travel (twice a month) to selected provider location. Travel will vary according to project phase.
Candidate must have full driving license and experience of driving at proving ground facilities would be advantageous