Our Global Automotive client are currently seeking a Project Engineer, Engine & Applications at their site in Warwickshire. As a business, they are one of the top three systems suppliers worldwide for mobile applications in the areas of engine systems, filtration, electrics/mechatronics. They optimize existing technologies, develop new engineering concepts and set standards. By reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, they are making an important contribution for a better climate.
This key role provides an essential link between R&D, and customer interfacing component experts and Sales & Application engineers.
- Provide reliable product and performance demonstration to the technical community
- Maintain and generate product knowledge and technology trends through presentations, standards, papers and technical reports
- Establish and manage material performance data from internal bespoke rig tests
- Lead and participate in R&D projects on a local and global level according to key demands
- Undertake component benchmarking analysis, including visual assessment and providing direction for metallurgical and dimensional analysis with interpretation of results
- Contribute to the internal Innovation process by generating ideas, writing and presentation of technical papers
- Support technology meetings to define regional and global product demands
- Qualifications / Skills and Experience
- Degree in Automotive Engineering or similar (essential)
- Strong knowledge of internal combustion engines (essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and ability to communicate with all levels and disciplines (essential)
- Knowledge of materials and metallurgical inspection techniques (desirable)
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of project management (desirable)
- Understanding of tribology (desirable)