I am currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our F1 client. The main purpose of the role is to liaise between project management, design, purchasing, stores and build for the efficient coordination of project needs.
A key objective is to ensure parts availability for each project is maintained and running to plan. This will include assessment of design drawing information in line with Design for Manufacture (DFM) & Design for Assembly (DFA), prior to release to suppliers for manufacture.
Working alongside the Design Office Data Administrator (BOM Administrator) the role will report to the Operations Manager, with guidance and work load direction from the Project Manager.
This role is based in Milton Keynes, some business travel may be required.
• Support the project manager in maintaining the parts delivery requirements for each program as defined in the program plan
• Work closely with the Project Manager to coordinate resources, equipment and information as required. Capacity planning and parts supply management.
• Provide cover for the Project Manager in the event of absence ensuring project targets are maintained
• Control quality of drawing changes to ensure high quality drawings are issued into the supply chain and internal processes. Ensure correct drawing revisions are used for parts sourcing.
• Control and tracking of documents. Organise and maintain project files, databases, control and track documents including technical revisions, perform compliance checks.
• Provide administrative support to project, help produce proposals, plans and reports, including regular project updates with respect to original plan.
• Organise and maintain project files, databases, control and track documents including technical revisions, perform compliance checks.
• Liaise with cross functional teams to identify priorities for parts usage dependant on program & test requirements. Coordinate the sourcing and movement of hardware around the business
• Act as a point of contact between Build, Test, and Engineering to resolve build quality, schedule and specification issues
• Maintain the daily production meeting, identifying delayed parts requiring additional focus within manufacturing or purchasing. Distribute agenda and minutes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous experience in a similar position with a high-precision low volume manufacturing environment within Formula one or Motor Sport (ideally electronic, metals and composites) is highly desirable
• Relevant engineering/design/technical degree or equivalent experience
• Catia VS experience/competence is essential
• Suitable skills in the use of MS Office software and PC literate (preferred Formula one database experience, MS-AX knowledge, competent in Excel & Project) will be required
• Experience of continuous improvement techniques would be a distinct advantage.
• Cross cultural working environment experience highly desirable
• Able to demonstrate understanding of ERP/MRP processes, system requirements and maintenance
• Familiar with Bills of Materials, their structure and compilation