World class advanced engineering and product development business is seeking a proven senior Programme Manager to manage a portfolio of technically complex projects, and to manage and develop a team of Project Managers delivering cutting-edge technical products.
You will report to the Global Head of the relevant technical area; the Technical Program Manager will require broad knowledge and ownership of the delivery plan along with facilities, cost/budget and resource responsibilities. You will ensure the project delivers across the full spectrum of delivery streams in the different product categories and manage and mitigate risks accordingly. As a senior role the individual will be expected to take ownership of programme delivery with minimal guidance and ensure appropriate project process are developed to enable the project to be managed effectively.
My client is seeking a senior Programme Manager who can demonstrate evidence of successful delivery of complex, often new technical products. Has built and developed a team of Project Managers. Is able to demonstrate high-levels of communication across multiple departments needed to manage a portfolio of technically complex projects. Prior experience in a similar role witihin an R&D business would be highly desirable.
Ideal skills and proven ability:
• Holds formal project management qualifications (PMP/PRINCE2) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
• Has come from a technical engineering background (e.g. mechanical, electrical, aerodynamics, materials etc.) and moved into a project management function.
• Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
• Good people manager, achieving high level of performance and employee engagement.
• Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influences
• Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
• Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
• Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
• To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment