Pioneering science business developing key technology for next generation power generation is seeking a proven Programme Manager.
This role is responsible for a major programme delivery to quality, time and budget targets.
- Define programme requirements that link to business milestones and ensure these are documented and approved
- Generate deliverables-based, integrated functional plans (timing and resource) to set timelines for requirements capture, design, software development and validation, procurement, installation, commissioning, servicing, calibration, etc.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to set functional milestones in the plan to track progress against functional processes
- Establish and control a bill of material for programme builds and co-ordinate delivery of components with the Purchasing and Engineering teams
- Manage resource allocation (including external partners and contractors) and delivery of programme activities to quality, cost and time
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of programme activities
- Collaborate with Quality Manager to develop appropriate programme processes and documentation
- Manage costs to budget and review programme finance status and forecast with Finance team on a monthly basis
- Establish and manage programme risk register and link mitigation actions to programme timing plans
- Lead preparation, submission and presentation of programme gateway status documentation
Ideal Proven Experience
- Considerable experience in delivering complex technology product, construction and / or infrastructure programmes
- High level user of Microsoft Project and Agile programme management tools (eg Redmine)
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design and / or software development processes
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Well-structured planning and resourcing for budget setting and management
- Teaching, supporting and leading others