Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of optical-fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. A new role for a Quality Engineer has arisen on a permanent basis.
As a point of contact for Product Quality Improvement, this role will be responsible for our ‘Continuous Wave’ (CW) laser product quality improvement; internally and with customers. Reporting to the Head of Quality, this role will lead and drive Quality performance for the CW range of lasers, across the full production value-stream (Southampton & Rugby) spanning all functions, notably Product Development and Production.
You will be offered training, tools/methods and support within a highly open and receptive organisation.
You must hold good technical understanding of electronic products and substantial experience in Quality theory and practice (APQP, FMEA, SPC).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- ‘Point of Contact’ for product quality performance on the Platform
- Track and trend product performance, both internally and at customer base
- To build in quality; within our design (NPI) and production processes, utilising methodologies such as AQPQ, FMEA, Poke Yoke, SPC
- Review and approve quality and reliability aspects of NPI / NPD / Drawings
- Build close relationships internally to help build improve upon the quality culture
- Continually improve CAPA performance ‘cradle to grave’; through true identification of product failure, confident containment and effective corrective actions
- Analyse market failure and through utilising cross functional teams, implement measures to prevent future failure
- Liaise with technical and the supplier quality team as part of supplier failures affecting internal / external product failure
- Producing detailed customer facing Quality reports and present as required
It would be desirable if you also hold hands on experience of fibre laser design and/or production.
You'll be degree qualified preferably in an engineering / quality discipline.
Get in touch to discuss further.