Founded in 2019, we are building electric trucks specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will take charge of product strategy and definition across the range of Volta Trucks business, working with internal and external stakeholders to develop a clear product roadmap and detailed specifications for the full product range
The scope of this will include all product lines and market territories.
• Commercial owner of the product, and the interface between the customer requirements and the engineering deliverables
• Comprehensive understanding of the product, customer, competitive market landscape, upcoming developments and market trends
• Reacts to market trends and competitor analysis, liaising with engineering to investigate new features, variants and market entry requirements
• Responsible for, and maintains, the Product, Pricing, and vehicle feature specifications for all markets
• Keeps the product, specification and pricing under constant review, and makes business case recommendations to increase competitiveness and / or profitability
Qualifications and Experience
• 10 years+ experience of product management in the truck sector and ideally in electrification
• Comprehensive understanding of the truck market across the major markets of the World, with a network to access data and specific expertise in market conditions and trends
• Good understanding of the technical aspects of vehicle features, attributes and use cases
• Consultative approach, able to cultivate excellent relationships with multiple stakeholders
• University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant topic
• Hands-on approach - practical, enthusiastic and customer-oriented
• Strong communication skills, highly credible to customers
• Fluent in English, French language speaker is also highly desirable
• Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organizing and coordinating ability
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player