Product Compliance Manager
Permanent - Circa 50k
Southampton ideally, Rugby considered with weekly trips to Southampton
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are recruiting for a Product Compliance Manager to take responsibility of the company’s product compliance.
To ensure the business operates in compliance with the relevant legislative and non-legislative product-related requirements.
• National and International standards and Directives compliance applicable to laser products
• Export Control requirements
Ideally role will be based in Southampton, but Rugby base a possibility with weekly trips to Southampton
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• To identify the applicable product related legislation in the technical, export control and other areas with the exception of Finance and manage the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation, including UK, USA, EU, China and elsewhere
• To ensure compliance tests are specified correctly, then oversee the process for verifying product compliance, documentation for same, and for achieving Third Party product certification and labeling. Certify the product as technically compliant and issue certificate
• To build and manage product compliance documentation and records for relevant applicable National and International standards using information supplied by external test labs and Engineering such as risk assessments, test results and analysis
• To manage the compliance documentation for corresponding (branded) products for Third Party customers
• To monitor activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• To provide a regulatory advice function within the Company within the above areas
• To ensure product design and process changes maintain relevant product compliances
• To interface with Compliance bodies, UK export control organisation, test houses, customers and audit bodies
• To ensure that pre sales samples are appropriately documented from a compliance perspective
• Provide Export Control Ratings for new product developments based on supplied information and maintain processes and procedures for Export Control working with the Manager, Import/Export Services
• Active management of 3rd party approvals process with Test Houses and Notified Bodies
• Working closely with NPI (New Product Introduction) teams to ensure standards and Directives compliance
• Highly developed technical skill base, either high level science or engineering qualifications or possibly qualified by appropriate experience
• Experience of compliance testing for the EU (CE Marking) and Worldwide, preferably in an electrical/electronic industry
• Experience of working within a highly regulated environment especially export controlled
• Good working relationship with compliance bodies, test houses, customers and audit bodies
• Proven project management skills to ensure policies and procedures are developed
• Previous experience of rating products against export control requirements (full training can be provided)
• Knowledge of USA export control requirements.
• Engineering or Science degree is preferred
• Capable of analysing complex legislation or regulations and development of commercially feasible strategies to ensure compliance
• Excellent communication, project management, relationship building and negotiation skills
• Highly commercially aware
• Hands-on with creative and practical approach to problem solving and the ability to translate problems into working solutions
• Is logical & methodical and a proven ability to question others
• Good team player with ability to engage others across functional areas, and with Third Party representatives.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.