Pioneering science business developing key technology for next generation power generation is seeking a proven Procurement Officer.
I am seeking an accomplished Procurement Officer – Indirect & Supplier performance. You will be reporting to the Purchase Manager and be responsible for managing supplier and contract performance working on multiple projects at any one time.
Ideally you will have proven experience from a fast-paced engineering environment; such as scientific, pharmaceuticals, R&D, automotive, aerospace and high-performance motorsport.
The ideal candidate will be a committed and self-starting team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to manage your own time effectively. You will be expert in supplier engagement with proven negotiation skills. You will be comfortable communication at all levels within the organisation with excellent relationship management skills.
- Proven procurement experience within indirect procurement.
- Proven experience with supplier development and performance management.
- End to end procurement - track orders from placement through to delivery whilst maintaining excellent communication levels with Engineering and Programme Managers.
- Develop strong relationships with technology managers, business owners and procurement.
- Pro-actively engage with suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues ensuring on time and in full deliveries.
- To assist Procurement team in all matters related to vendor service, such as poor product quality or delivery delays.
- Support and develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supply supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and financial guidelines.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers, practices and technologies.
- To develop our supplier performance management approach, create and maintain performance metrics, dashboards and communicate supplier performance to engineering and programmes.